Who’s heard of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence? The very expensive water that is promised to do wonders for your skin. The main ingredient is fermented rice water, which helps to improve the texture of the skin, even out the skin tone and reveal a balanced, glowing complexion.
Well, you can save yourself a lot of money and follow this very quick and simple DIY hack. The rice water you are going to make can be used as a facial toner and a leave-in hair treatment (it’ll leave your hair smooth and shiny!) If you want more of my ‘The Power of:’ series then read about Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemons
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of uncooked rice – Preferably organic
- Water – I suggest you purify the water if you have a bad water supply.
- A jar to spray bottle – You can use anything you like to hold the water in once you’re done. I recommend using this it’s so cheap and it’s easier to squirt your rice water on a cotton pad with this!
- Make sure you clean your rice well before starting. Do this by rinsing the rice twice and draining out the dirty water
- Add your purified water to the rice and wait 15-20 minutes. Your water should be 1cm above the rice.
- Separate the rice and the water then store your water in a container of your choosing
- Done! You can use your rice water how you wish. This rice water is save to use every day. I recommend keeping the water refrigerated and changing the water once a week to avoid a bad smell.
I use this method every morning and night and I have seen a huge difference to my skin, it feels moisturised, clean and less oily ever since I started doing this. The discolouration in my cheeks have also started to fade since using this method!
Let me know if you have tried this and how was the experience?