To find a good foundation is a life-long quest that doesn’t end. Having darker skin makes the quest a lot harder as a lot of drugstore brands don’t have my colour shade. If you haven’t checked it out, see my review on the Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation But this hasn’t stopped me from trying out a bunch of different foundations! Here’s my top 3 and a list of worthy mentions:
NARS Sheer Glow
- If you’re worried about this foundation being to “glowly” or “sheer” then don’t worry at all! The name doesn’t match this foundation. It’s more of a natural medium finish. It’s not too matte or too glowly at all. This foundation is perfect for an everyday look, it doesn’t set into fine lines either which is an added bonus!
Smashbox 24 Hour Hydrating Foundation
- The word “hydrating” grabbed me with this foundation! They have an amazing shade range that will definitely suit a large amount of people. The foundation manages to be matte and very skin-like without looking dry like most matte foundations I’ve tried. If I’m not using my NARS Sheer Glow then I’m probably using this!
Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation
- If you’re looking for a medium to full coverage foundation then you have found your match. This foundation has a thick formula so you don’t need a lot to achieve a full coverage look. What I like about the formula is that it’s not too thick like the Clinique Beyond Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation, it’s easy to work with and it’s super blend-able!
Foundations to mention
- L’Oréal True Match
- Lancôme Teint Idole 24 Hour Foundation
- Superdrug B Beauty Foundation
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
I’d love to know your favourite foundations? I’m a foundation junkie so I’m bound to try it!